It’s that time of the year again!!!! BOOT CAMP is here!!!
For those who did not read my blog last year, here’s a brief explanation of what is it and how it works.
Miss V’s Fall session ends at around the second week of December, because at that time, most of her clients are leaving for Holiday’s break.
But most is not all, so for the one that stays, she gives the option to have a 1 week intense workout at Boot Camp.
This is the 4th year I’m participating and each year is gets more fun.
One of the things that helps a lot with the motivation and especially with the fun is the competition between the classes for points.
Each day, each class gets or loses points based on their behavior, mood, holiday/team/fun spirit, being on time….
The rules, as Miss V posted this year are as follows:
Every day each Team starts off with 10 points – how you & your Team performs and works together adds or subtracts.
Points given are the complete discretion of Miss Victoria on a variety of criteria – including, but not limited to:
- Attendance – read ASAP note above
- Coming very EARLY – perfect time to razz, cheer on, take pictures, sing carols to the earlier class
- Encouraging and cheering each other on – invoking Beastmode!!! Learn names & have the mindset to workout HARD w/a positive HEART & HEAD!
- Holiday spirit – funny headbands, Rudolf noses, jingle bells, etc
- Creativity: many teams have already arranged “theme” days – i.e. Beach Day, Disco Day, Camo Day, Seahawk Day, 50 Shades Day
- Craziness, FUN & laugher (making Miss V laugh enough to pee her pants – automatic 20 points)
- Team Facebook KLOUT: using our group page “2 Claps 1 Snap” to continue all of the above throughout the day
- Staying late to: take pictures, clean up, razz the next class
Points will be deducted for the following – including, but not limited to:
- Asking/inferring/demanding/whining for points
- Whining about anything – especially the weather
- Tardiness & Non-excused absences – NO tolerance for tardiness, the entire class will suffer greatly (situps/pushups/etc) if you are – BE VERY EARLY!
- Grinch-like behavior
- Not cleaning up after your own mess – including bathrooms
- BootCamp shirts (from any year) MUST be worn EVERY day (however, those doing “theme days” – it will be excused if the ENTIRE class is in theme attire)
This year we’ll also have 3 categories for the win:
We have 4 full-week teams and 1 mini-week team. In the interest of fairness AND cutthroat competition, we have three tiers of scoring:
- Camp Champions. At the end of the week, the team with the most points-per-day for the whole week is the winner.
- Core Champions. The team with the most accumulated points for the middle three days: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday.
- Flash Champions. Each day, whichever team scores the most points on that day.
I’m again doing it at 10:00 AM and our team name this year is 10acious! We’re 11 ladies: me, Kathy, Renukka, Sherri, Sarah, Britt, Rukmani, Ying, Melissa, Karen and Sayeh.
Today Melissa couldn’t make it due to being sick. Get well soon, Melissa!!!
But we had Emily joining us and even going along with our theme of the day to add to the fun. Nice to have you Emily!!!
Our theme today was Seahawks! Each one of us had something Seahawks. The ones who couldn’t get anything before hand, borrowed from the ones that had more than 1 item, so in the end we were all dressed up Football style. Yay!
As for the workout, we had our 12 Days of Christmas Workout, in which we’re supposed to sing and do each exercise, as follows.
In doubles, and singing the workout name on each station:
1 Loooong Wall Sit!
then run to station 2:
2 Easy Squads!
Back to 1 running diagonally to the side of the field, then run to 3:
3 Jump Turns!
Then back to 2, then back to 1, always running diagonally to the side of the field between each station, then run to 4:
4 Jumping Jacks!
Then back to 3, then back to 2, then back to 1, then run to 5:
5 Tricep Pushups!
Then back to 4, then back 3, then back to 2, then back to 1, then run to 6:
6 Jumping Knees!
Then back to 5, then back to 4, then back 3, then back to 2, then back to 1, then run to 7:
7 Out & In Squads!
Then back to 6, then back to 5, then back to 4, then back 3, then back to 2, then back to 1, then run to 8:
8 Mountain Climbers!
Then back to 7, then back to 6, then back to 5, then back to 4, then back 3, then back to 2, then back to 1, then run to 9:
9 Ladies Dancing!
Then back to 8, then back to 7, then back to 6, then back to 5, then back to 4, then back 3, then back to 2, then back to 1, then run to 10:
10 Switching Lounges!
Then back to 9, then back to 8, then back to 7, then back to 6, then back to 5, then back to 4, then back 3, then back to 2, then back to 1, then run to 11:
11 Sideway Skaters!
Then back to 10, then back to 9, then back to 8, then back to 7, then back to 6, then back to 5, then back to 4, then back 3, then back to 2, then back to 1, then run to 12, the last station:
12 Burnout Burpies!
Then back to 11, then back to 10, then back to 9, then back to 8, then back to 7, then back to 6, then back to 5, then back to 4, then back 3, then back to 2, then back to 1, and we’re done!
Looots of running and jumping!,
As we can see on those pictures, from the 9 AM class:
Our team rocked! And I’m sure all the others did too.
For the points, we’ve actually accumulating since we signed up for it, so the standing last night, before today’s workout was:
CURRENT STANDINGS: (12/15/13)
Savage@7: 103 points
Krazy8s: 120 points
9Glutes: 54 points
10acious: 51 points
Owh!Shins!Eleven: 52 points
We were on last! 😦 But we’ll fight hard to revert it. GO 10ACIOUS!!!